2.01.2010

treasure hunt

Yesterday my roommate and I went antique shopping, or “treasure hunting” as I like to call it. Lucky for us, there is an awesome antique shop literally two minutes from our house. Sleepy Poet is 55,000 sq. ft. of wall-to-wall antiques, treasures and trinkets. You never know what you may find! We spent HOURS there and didn’t even make a dent. I’m convinced it’d take a day or two to thoroughly rummage through all the booths.

Anyway, I walked away with two great pieces of art for my walls, as well as some fun vintage postcards. Most people like vintage postcards in mint, unused condition. I, on the other hand, like the used ones because they tell a mini story. I found one postcard of my graduate program building at Alabama. The original sender had recently been accepted into the University’s civil engineering program. The other card I purchased is a picture of the church where I was baptized and grew up in. Great find! The sender comments about the service she attended – very funny! The cards are circa 1943 and 1949.



No comments:

Post a Comment